Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Challeges for self and others to lead to a God-centered life

I hate my decision making process. I always end up making wrong decisions. Made a few today. Sometimes its hard for me to really think before i act. Very hard. I have to learn to consider the consequences before i spend my time on it. Haiz. Anyway, I have quite a few challenges i wanna give myself and some for others to do.

A summarised challenges to myself: Living everyday Godly. Not wasting time. putting God at the centre of every thought. And considering consequences before i act.

Challenge I want to give to all, including myself:
How much have you thought of God today? Not just for qt, but how often, when we are so caught up in sch and all, how often is God involved in our thoughts. Rui told me of an eg where this missionary was constantly trying to remember God IN HIS EVERY THOUGHTS!!! we both were like. Woah thats tough. But to us, a test is how often do we do it our day? When we are so caught up with sch, sch work and the things we have to do throughout the week? Something I started doing the past few days is count the number of times I thought of God throughout the day, especially in sch. I am amazed in the past that it is only barely 5 times I thought of Him. The last few days for me is improving, but its still bad. So the challenge is: Count the number of times you thought of God that day, and make a short prayer, committing whatever you are thinking or doing to Him. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT IN HELPING US TO PUT GOD 1ST IN OUR LIVES!!! This is the 1st step to putting God in EVERY THOUGHT!!!

2nd challenge: Do you commit your studies to God? Pray especially before we start doing homework at home. Thats the easiest to start.

3rd challenge: I just thought of this. How often do you pray for forgiveness of sin? Don't you know that everyone would sin often? Meaning isn't it likely that we sin everyday???!!! Add praying for forgiveness of sin everyday to our daily praying agenda, if you DO PRAY DAILY, that is.

Reply to tags:
Jo: Thats how you look at it you see. You look at the most important thing in life as a personal relationship with God. I look at it as God. What makes/breaks this relationship? It is not only speaking/praying to Him, but for your relationship with God, it is the things you do right? in obedience on not. So this relationship in its entirety is not only just a relationship. Like I said. Thats how you look at it. For you, so often it seems that people's actions has to have an ulterior motive is it? Actually, i can only remember 1 or 2 instances when you do so. :-p But ya that was just a passing statement also. Lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home