Friday, September 05, 2008

Blogging from work

Ee. My posts are always full of grammatical errors. i wonder why! Cant stand it! And its not like that when i talk, nor when i write, fortunately. But why when i blog? Lol. I edited my blog post. Whew. Feels better.

So many ppl is not around at work today. So its very quiet around here, and thus i get to use the internet to blog! Haha.

Been sick for the whole week again. Crazy Phlegm and cold. Aargh. Took mc at camp so only reached home in the afternoon. Next time i'll just do it at the polyclinic seriously. I came back yesterday at 130 and slept till 730! LOL! Am still sick. My Nose especially is totally blocked and I must constantly keep my mouth open to breath. So weird, especially eating and breathing through the same medium! Sian la performance this sun and i am not able to practice properly. Haiz. 1st time singing as a tenor in a crazy high song, and i hardly practiced. Die liao. Plus I still have sore throat and a blocked nose, so for tonight's prac, I can forget about being able to sing properly again. Haiz.

Talked to august last sun abt my struggles with the music min. Ironically, he issued me a challenge- to conduct the adult choir, possibly the christmas choir!!! I'm like, are you kidding? Lol. I have to give some thought and prayer into this.

Aunty Linda(abi's mum) and I surprisingly hit off very well. Haha. During the night before combined yf, we had supper with some of the music min ppl- Aunty Linda, Aunt Jenny, Aunt Siew Ping, August, Joash and I. Aunty Linda and i just started to sing songs(Jo too) and for some reason, we just started to look to each other for lyrics and more songs! I guess it helped that i knew quite a few oldies! We just sing a certain song for awhile until we can't remember the lyrics, then we change song. Haha. Had alot of fun singing like that. Just like the good old times with hensley and jodi. The youths tried this on the van ride home from last sat's ling kwang home visit, but we were singing pop songs- some modern nonsense pop songs so wasnt that fun. Haha.

OH! And i have thousand and 1 things to do for camp comm! Its like every Action-item register has my name! Sian. Anybody for Vice camp master? I'm supposed to look for one. Lol.

Been lazy me again. I could use sickness as an excuse, but i know i should be spend time properly. Only did something productive on mon and last night, where i did abit of packing of my super messy table to make space for future studying! :-p But other than that, didnt really did anything productive. Well, at least i had some good fun playing with my sisters!

Played boggle with Laura a few times the past week. We're quite evenly matched! She practices normally, but it is no excuse. How can my vocab and thinking skills be the same as a 14 year old? Lol. Haha. Then michelle bought this weird candy game(laura is like me, who prefers playing all this "intellectual" games whereas michelle just loves those bhue hiao bai/unglam games where everyone looks stupid, but of course its very fun!) Each person gets 1 long strip of candy, where everyone's candy is tied together at one end. Guess the objective of the game? Whomever finishes the long long candy 1st with your mouth only wins! Ands its SOO comical. Because its so long and because the candy is dangling in the air, the moment someone bends down abit lower everyone must follow! Like we could be scrambling to finish the candy until we are scrambling on the ground! Haha. I never won cause i ALWAYS burst into laughter at the way they scramble and the way the eat! Not typical of me but i just cant stand but laugh during the game because of the looks on their faces and the way we eat. The loser has to finish everyones's loose end(which means other's saliva, but not so bad for us because we are family members!) and the ending knot. SOO UNGLAM! But good clean family fun. I JUST HOPE SHE DONT START THIS GAME IN CHURCH!!! We wanted mum to play but mum was like we're all sick except for michelle so in protest she didnt want to play- but we went on anyway. Haha. SO whenever michelle loses, we eat for her! :-p

Well, dreams will always remain as dreams, or building castles in the air(an idiom for daydreaming) We will never own castles anyway. Had a reality check dream last night. But last night's dream was soo long, it was like a long story. Lol! So surreal i almost got caught in it. Plus all the very familiar faces who constantly appear in my dreams for some reason. The interesting thing is, the dream was abt change. And not only did people change in character in the dream, but also physically too(must be due to michelle's o level Art drawings!) and all the people changing arnd me.

Change is constant in life. Im changing, everyone's changing, but God never changes.

Wanted to challenge myself intellectually, so i read proverbs and ecclesiates 2 days ago! So cool. I really enjoy reading them. I guess i like to be challenged to think philosophically! :-p Go read them! If i were to quote all that is meaningful i would be quoting the whole text like the whole of chapter 1 of proverbs! I'll just say a few. But go Read it yourself. You'll find it meaningful!

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 3:5-8
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Vanity of material wealth
Ecc 2:4 I made me great works; I builded me houses; I planted me vineyards:
Ecc 2:5 I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all [kind of] fruits:
Ecc 2:6 I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees:
Ecc 2:7 I got [me] servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me:
Ecc 2:8 I gathered me also silver and gold, and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, [as] musical instruments, and that of all sorts.
Ecc 2:9 So I was great, and increased more than all that were before me in Jerusalem: also my wisdom remained with me.
Ecc 2:10 And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.
Ecc 2:11 Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all [was] vanity and vexation of spirit, and [there was] no profit under the sun.

A time for everything
Ecc 3:1 To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecc 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up [that which is] planted;
Ecc 3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
Ecc 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
Ecc 3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
Ecc 3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
Ecc 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Ecc 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home