Friday, August 15, 2008

Why Can't Life Be Like This?



Why cant life be like this?


Where we can all goof off..


Cuddle up with each other


Look un-glam without criticism


And enjoy the company we have..

All these quotes are and pics are koped from my friend jeremy.

I wish my life was like that. Well maybe minus the cuddling, but well its to mean having the company that is just like that! Friends you can always do nonsense together! But i guess its not me huh. I guess its when you always desired something- having inordinate desires as i learnt from church camp, that God will take away these things that you want most. I have been seeking these things all my life, pleasures from going out, play, and companionship, that i guess is my bane. But good, take these away, better than others- which i better make sure i dont commit the same mistake again! Putting God 1st can always be such a struggle when you're so conscious of it.

Its so interesting to read and hear abt striving goals and seeking results. But i agree with Ben. It is the process, really not the result. I am amazed to realize my misconceptions of doing my best. Ben clearly shows it to me, striving for 100% correct while studying and striving to be able to get the questions 100% right. Then the line is drawn- whatever actually comes out of tests doesnt matter already. To God good results are filthy rags, not worth anything. He wants us to glorify Him through our faithfulness! Its the faithfulness in working hard, all the discipline and determination to do your best for His glory and not results. But i guess its also human to be dissapointed when not meeting your expectations. But it always should be His expectations of us, not ours on ourselves. Something i always fail too.

Its interesting to hear from this writer from a book i've been reading. It just all seem clear that its not simply just the study of His word, but also the r/s with Him. After that comes distinguishing yourselves. Are we able to distinguish ourselves diffrent from others? It is clear from the new testament that we need to be easily distinguishable due to our faith. Are we living life just like any other? Other than going to church, maybe spending abit more time with extra church activities, maybe they know that we spend time reading the bible everyday, but other than that, pretty much the same? Scary it is, to me.

I have made the decision already. Finally i am able to say i am willing to make this decision and face my greatest fears and my greatest demons. I started to realize ytdy that i am not willing to make decision cause its my greatest fears, but i asked myself, do i have enough faith to suffer through this trial, again?

I realized yes, i have to do it. Its a fight to make things right. Its a fight of faith. Its a fight to trust. Its a fight against fear. I will only start making this decision clear after i finished preparing somethings, then i will start asking ppl for help. This is probably one of the hardest decision in my life so far. Put away all pride, put away everything. Face all these problems with God. :)

But at least, there is so many reasons to be happy these days, despite constant dissapointments! :-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home