Sunday, June 17, 2007

You know recently my close primary school friend added me to friendster. I was like. woah. Now that i think of it. We havent been talking for like 2-3 years. The last time i saw him was like when we were sec 1/2. Back when we were primary sch friends we were quite close. Even up to sec sch, we still visited each others homes once every few months. We just have a knack of clicking well with each other and we can chat on all kinda nonsense and play catch up with each other.

I guess we're both very sociable so easily started with each other back then even with little contact. Recently when he added me, i was like, HE HAS SUPER LONG HAIR. You know those punk long hair kind. At the back. I was like. Woah. He has changed quite abit. I remember only bringing him to church once for some christmas service back in sec 3 i think. Woah. I think for me hes just one of the growing list of ppl i have lost touch with i guess. The problem with being sociable- i can slowly bit by bit forget about people, like just how i have lost touch with all my pri sch friends, and even maybe sec sch. I guess Maybe pri sch is far(*sigh*) but i can tell you sec sch is also getting forgotten already. *sigh*. I guess since none of us actually made the effort to come back to meeting each other, we just drifted apart so easily. 2 of my closest sec sch friends just drifted away so easily too. I hardly keep contact with one and the other has totally stopped because he doesnt use com very much. Zz. See what i said about relationships being high maintenance. Lol.

I guess for certain friends its hard to relate to them how is it to be close. To them, especially common to most task oriented friends, or especially most guy friends, talking- not even sharing, makes us good friends. To some, sharing at the surface lvl can make us good friends. But are we seriously close? This came to mind because of certain friends, plus the thought of the good friends that i have lost touched, makes me think about this. How come we stopped communicating so easily? How about a 2nd scenario.

If one friend is sharing alot about his(ok lets just use he for everything) life, and the other is not sharing, or doesnt ask/ seem concerned about the other's life, are they close, or is it a "1 sided-affair". Lol. Sometimes i see this happening alot in quite a few relationships in my life. Whether its me to others, or others to me. I guess it also depends on our willingness to want to be close to someone. Well. I guess i have some friends whom are trying to be closer friends with me but i guess i reject it. Well, 1 of the reasons for 1 is because i feel that he aint a christian subconsciously, so theres no want to share or be too close because we have different set of core values. I guess thats for me. Well, i guess it happens to me more now than it was in the past. My 2 close sec sch friends aint christians so...

Back to the topic. To certain others, i guess it starts to seem abit weird that they tell you about them alot/ you know about them alot, but they dont seem too concerned to know about you/they dont ask how you've been, or vice versa. I guess i make that mistake alot too. I guess its the problem of committing. Sometimes when we commit, we would want something in return i guess. It happens to sch friends too that it seems so weird that we actually call ourselves good friends. I mean its like, you dont know abt me much, or I dont know abt you much. You get what im saying?(Han's tagline) Lol. I guess this is a really tough topic. I mean for me, its hard to bridge that communication barrier because you dont share with me enough. Sometimes its also really tough to speak more to yfers that we're not so close cause they are not willing to share more. I guess what August says about 2 people having to have the same communication level. If 1 party is not willing, it'll always be stuck there. It happens across the board, whether it be consciously or subconsciously not sharing enough. Lvl 4 trying to be lvl 5 but the opposite party is not willing. Same for Lvl 3 trying to be lvl 4 but the opposite party is not willing. You get what im saying? I guess it gets on my nerves sometimes. But well, people are like that.

Sorry i blog so much again. Once i start i cant stop. And im sorry im blogging so much on relational stuff when i should spend time on something else. I guess my life is driven by relationships alot.

Have i mentioned on how i am somehow able to communicate with people who are anti socials or even outcasts? Lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home