Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Love

His love is warmer than the warmest sunshine, softer than a sigh
His love is deeper than the deepest ocean, wider than the sky
His love is brighter than the brightest star, that shines every night above
and there is nothing you can do that can ever change His love

On Mon night, i was like i said, dead sick. Well, and then something really emotional happened at home. I shan't say. Its a family secret. But it was cool. It started to make me realize, what is really love. The extent of God's love. Love that transcends and forgives. You know it just strucked me on how much i would do for my family if i could. That sometimes you're just willing to die for your family. You love someone so much that you're willing to do anything for them. You are sometimes, not willing to sacrifice them, rather sacrifice yourself than to let those you love dearly to suffer. It really just struck me. And how can a God, so full of love, probably able to love like we can never experience or comprehend, who is such loving, to give His only son, for us, such disobedient and sinful servants, lowly as we are compared to His son, yet able to love us so much to give His son.

If it was my son, I doubt i will. Especially if its one who you have shared such great happy moments with, not 1 killed at birth? To make it more applicable to us or myself, if God asks us to sacrifice our siblings/family members, would you be able to do it? Ones that we see everyday all the years of our life till now. And God asks you to sacrifice him/her? Would you be able to do it?
The thoughts of the happiness and joy i shared with any of them, would make it so much tougher. You know how long the Father and the Son has been one? One somemore!!! And He goes to the extent of letting His son suffer such pain? Would you be willing to let your family members go through such pain? I wouldn't.

I would rather die, than to see you get into harm's way.
I would try my best, to not let you suffer.
I would rather die trying my best, than to see you not grow the way God want's us to be, the Christlikeness that He truly wants.
I'll keep trying my best, the best to my ability.
I would rather die trying to make sure you grow stronger in Him than i can ever want, or better, ever imagined.
I would be even happy, if you could marry someone stronger in Him than I am. It would give me great comfort that you'll be in great hands.
Or not, i'll be dead worried if you did not marry someone strong in Him.
I'll just keep trying, until, i might not be needed.

You know these are the things i would want for/love my loved ones. And can you just imagine how much God would love His son. I was like. But yes, God asks us to sacrifice whatever we have for God. Anything, anyone. We probably dont have the authority to take our family members lives. But you get what i mean.

Then, i understood, the greatness of the sacrifice on the cross. Sometimes you just forget, and lose perspective of the greatness God has done.

The next question i ask myself, so what's next understanding the greatness of God's love. If we are to love God as much, we must do what He instructs.

Mark 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mark 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Notice its lose our lives for Jesus' sake and the gospel's! What does it mean to lose our life for the gospel's sake? Surely its for evangelism. And are we losing our life for the gospel's sake?

luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Here, it mentions daily. It just emphasizes how committing our lives to christ is a daily effort. So let us take up our cross, and continually strive not to sin, and strive for christlikeness. Commitment is the hardest, and is probably my weakest. Depends on commitment to what but, to God its miles i believe that it should improve. Cause i think i always know what i should improve, i think i always know what is wrong. But its just so hard to change.

Anyway, here's an evangelistic tool. You know the 1st song from my blog. Realize by colbie calliat. You know i 1st heard this song at an evangelistic event(its sang by a guy with great voice and thus thats why i liked it too :-p). And you know the songs yfc's perf arts team sings at evangelistic events or concerts are more often than not non christians songs? They use non chrisitans songs, and use certain lyrics to get people to ponder on life after death, on God.

If you'd just realize~
If you'd just realize~
Realize, That I am on your side, Didnt I, Didnt I tell you

Then you can say you know sometimes we do not realize, there's a God out there actually always by our side, just that we didnt realize it. You know. Really. It just goes to show, anythingcan be an evangelistic tool, its just whether we see it as one. Its just whether we want to use it. Here's the whole lyrics.

Ok i better stop. I hardly can see what i'm writing anymore. I feel abit blind. ):

V1: Take time to realize,
That your warmth is
Crashing down on in.
Take time to realize,
That I am on your side
Didn't I, Didn't I tell you.

But I can't spell it out for you,
No it's never gonna be that simple
No I cant spell it out for you

C: If you just realize what I just realized,
Then we'd be perfect for each other
and will never find another
Just realized what I just realized
we'd never have to wonder if
we missed out on each other now.

V2: Take time to realize
Oh-oh I'm on your side
didn't I, didn't I tell you.
Take time to realize
This all can pass you by
Didn't I tell you

But I can't spell it out for you,
no it's never gonna be that simple
no I can't spell it out for you.

C: If you just realized what I just realized
then we'd be perfect for each other
then we'd never find another
Just realized what I just realized
we'd never have to wonder if
we missed out on each other now.

V3: It's not always the same
no it's never the same
if you don't feel it too.
If you meet me half way
If you would meet me half way.
It could be the same for you.

C: If you just realize what I just realized
then we'd be perfect for each other
then we'd never find another
Just realize what I just realized
we'd never have to wonder
Just realize what I just realized

If you just realize what I just realized

missed out on each other now
missed out on each other now

Realize, realize
realize, realize

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home