Saturday, June 28, 2008

Busy

If i told you i was me today, i wouldnt believe it, cause well i totally surprised myself today. I am kinda busy the past 2 days during work, but well cause i've barely learnt and am expected to do work cause my only other colleague in my dept was sick. On thurs i tried to do abit, but then from afternoon onwards i didnt do anything much le cause i was hoping he could help me today, cause i still dont know how to handle lots of the documents. And he is sick today again! Totally killed me. So i had work carried over from yesterday, so i had to do it all by myself while learning how to do it at the same time! I was so engrossed in work that i virtually didnt take any short break at all. Not even 5 min! Just go toilet at most. I had nothing in my mind. Nothing but just task task task and more tasks. And i was trying my best to be as productive as i can be so i was virtually rushing the whole time. All of them keep telling me dont stress but i wasnt. I was just trying to get work done.

Thats what shocked me while i think back. did I really enjoyed admin work so much? Did I kept on doing and doing without feeling tired or bored? Well, maybe cause i'm new. So reading all the documents, secret or not, quirks my interest. So, its still too early to say. Anyway i somehow cleared all my tasks but 1 which i couldnt. Then ppl helped me realized that most of the work does not need to be rushed out. Cause most of em aint impt. Even if i rush it out, it wont be read. Thinking back, there are lotsof docs that have circulating that have not been read, but yet are kinda old, like 2~3 weeks old? Even if i rushed it out, the leaders also wont see it today. Thus whats the use of completing all the work by myself so soon? Oh well. But haha maybe, i should consider becoming a clerk someday. Haha. I just like to finish everything also. At least i feel accomplished. =)

I never really liked doing this. Well maybe cause i dont like to be transparent about the things i do, unless someone asks then i would gladly tell, but i should explain how ive been having fun/wasting time the past 1and half weeks ya?

Today- Music Min

Yesterday/Thursday- slack

Wednesday- Informal birthday celebration for lydia with rachel at orchard. Both of them kept making fun of me of being a foreigner at orchard, totally not knowing so many restaurants or shops. We had a great night. Here's but 1 funny moment.

Joke of the week:
Useless background knowledge: Lydis comes back from the toilet after we finished our meal and half an hour of chilling out. We paid for her meal, but apparently wanted to ask her to ask for the bill. But too bad she say the bill booklet thing. Then we were like deciding where to go. Earlier rach was telling me to go TCC (The Coffee Connoisseur).

Lydia: So where we going nest?

Me(a slip of tongue): Rach suggested going TCS.

Lydia: TCS?

everyone: *laughs* (to watch serials? Lol. Cannot meh? Lol)

Lyd: Actually he's speaking the truth. Let's go The Coffee Shop(TCS).

*laughs* (which one? Lol.)

Anyway i tried my best to replicate what we said. Apparently it failed. Lol. Lets go TCS next time. :-p

Realized hoodies at topman is sold out, but i at least got 2 new simple shirts from Topman. They're simple, but its the style an image i wanna try. :-p

Tuesday- slack

Mon- Went to eat at AMK with Bernard before going to bugis to shop for half an hour? Lol.

Sat- Went to Far East myself to shop abit. Then went to eat at this super cool Korean restaurant at katong area with Heath. I tell you not only is the ambience good(i was seating on sofa's!), the food was wonderful too! Only regret is that i forget to bring a cam! Will want to come back again. Maybe next time i'll bring you all there. Its HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! =) Then i chilled at Heath's house. Wah, his house is not extremely big, but its very nice. He said the design won some award or so. Lol. He has his own pool too. Then we went to watch "GET SMART". Movie's not bad. But most impt, i think you should keep my depressed friend Heath in your prayer! He is, depressed.

Last fri- Music Min. I tell you, dinner that day just made me miss home cooked so much.

Last thurs- Went to town to shop and browse all those ex brands. Lol.

I so still want get my grey jeans. Hoodies are increasingly slipping by my "Must Get ASAP" list. Lol.

Oh today's joke.

USeless background info: My chief clerk is a pretty 26 year old. Her name is chanelleShe's super thin, and to my surprise, she a mother of 2!!! -.- However
shes a fierce workoholic, and complains all the time during lunch. This was lunch btw. She's apparently resigning already. I talked to her 2 on wed about leaving and she said havent found a job yet so can't resign. After hearing her resigning, this is what i asked.

Me: So where are you gonna work at after this?

chanelle: ST

Me: Strait times?

chanelle: Thats work at SPH!!! -.-

Lol. Its apparently Singapore Technology. Lol.

Ok random.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home