Friday, August 17, 2007

Luk 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Luke 12:31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Luk 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Luk 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
Luk 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.


Yea. This is the thing that Ive forgotten. My main topic is
Luke 12:34 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Just wanted to share somethings i learned on sunday that struck me quite abit. We discussed on where your treasure is, or where you spend your time, energy, thoughts in, it shows where your thoughts and loyalties lie. It does work the other way: where your heart is, your treasure is also. I had problems differentiating between the 2, but its diff. Jesus wants us to realize, it is where we spend this time/money/energy/thought, that it shows our heart. We often do not see it this way, but it is how things are. Though its not something new, at least to me, it just struck me through all the discussions, how we channel our time and thoughts, just shows alot about our heart.


Time you could argue, i could argue, that we cant possibly spend alot of time reading the bible and stuff like that. I mean we all are so busy right? Studies, work. That is true. But it just pricks me how easily i can dont do qt still. No matter how many times it struck me. I still think i dont pray and do qt enough.


That being said, we could still spend alot of time for God. How, by thinking of Him constantly within our thoughts. In each and every action that we do, seek to glorify Him. Through this, no matter what we are doing, no matter studying eating, having fun, we all could do it for Him. This could truly help us to put God as our treasure, and thus, give Him our heart. Its so important. Its all that we should do, and if we could realize, that keeping Him in all thoughts and actions(most at least), trying to glorify Him at the same time, helps us to put Him as our heart's desire.


The earlier verse in
Luke 12:31 says this to comfort us for all that we should be doing "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you." This is my most favourite verse, like i last mentioned. It really reminds me to do our all, our everything, for God. Furthermore, God comforts us, and everything shall be added unto you. With God as our primary objective, everything we need(i cant emphasize enough its need and not want), God will provide. How much we worry, God says, cast all your burdens on Him. Be anxious for nothing. God will be with us through all of it. It is just a major summary for me, a verse that encompasses everything that we need to do. Seek God in everything we do. And then he comforts us. Yeah.


Well I'm saying this also because i know how hard it is. I constantly try to think of God as much as possible daily. To glorify Him in every word, deed and action. And i cant reiterate how much i have failed. Not to mention i don't even spend that little time to do qt and pray much daily. And i cant even remember Him for the most part of the day, or at least how much i fail to keep trying to put Him in my mind. I can't say how much ive been in spiritual low for some 2 years already except for some part of this year, then it went down again.


I also cant reiterate how ive been spending my thoughts wrongly on. Yea, maybe sunday did have a direct impact. This week felt different, i stopped thinking about certain things. It just stopped being in my mind. Its great, but i think its partially cause im distracted by other "things". :-p Anyway, its a good change anyway, but im still not putting God in most of my thoughts. =(


I like sharing about things i learn. I like sharing learnings. Just like i like teaching people things that i understand, even studies!!! It just feels great to teach people to me. Maybe its a spiritual gift. I don't know, but i just like it. =) I guess the last spiritual gift test made alot of sense to me. And it really reflects me. I have so much insights, i like to teach others, but i dont have wisdom. And i am a failed son of God cause i constantly sin so much. To some of you, you might think otherwise, but i really even question the reality of my faith. Whether i truly have faith. Cause i sin so much, sometimes even when i know its wrong, its sin, and i go ahead. Whats knowledge without wisdom? Whats knowledge without applying it? A mere fake christian, or hypocrite. I think i am too.


I'm not saying knowledge is a bad thing. I cant thank God enough for it(if i really do have knowledge as a spiritual gift lah). Even when i was evangelizing to my good friend, i was telling him, how much i wish he could realize it like i do, about the infallability of God and christ. Again, that being said, sometimes im still too stubborn. My friend just now was advising me on a matter that i do not wish to say. I guess to most people, i am making the wrong decisions, well at least for this one, im still sticking to what im going to do. But i cant reiterate how much i am stubborn to learn and realize my mistakes ad flaws in my beliefs on whats right too, even when alot of people is telling me otherwise.


Woah. My blog is so wordy. Cant stand it. :-p but sorry im not a photo happy kinda guy. I like ranting(in case you didnt notice). I dont really like taking photos, but its so sian and then so wordy some more. Lol.


Hmm. Yea. Thats enough lah. I've said all i wanted to say. Ranted all i need to tell you all. Hope you all can truly do what i said. I fail to do it, i think we all might not be able to do it well. But God sees the heart, and definitely he wants us to try our best bah. So strive on fellow bros and sis, to seek God in everything we do. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home