Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Stressed??? tis is for u... ^^

Last week... i read tis on a book... it helped me alot... and today... after realizing tt some ppl arnd me is so much more stressed than me.... now i want to share it with u... christian or not... hope it helps... ^^


1)Who's fighting your battles???(e 1st 2 parts is not really meant for non-christians, but read it... if it struck u... great... =)

(most verses are frm new american standard bible and 1 is frm niv)
Deuteronomy 20:1 "When you go out to battle against your enemies and see horses and chariots {and} people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt, is with you.
20:2 "When you are approaching the battle, the priest shall come near and speak to the people.
20:3 "He shall say to them, 'Hear, O Israel, you are approaching the battle against your enemies today. Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them,
20:4 for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.'

if u dont think of these verses at e context, ur enemies can actually be ur studies!!! and God promises victory over it... if we trust in Him, and give e pressure to Him... tt he actually is e one fighting e battle for us... not us alone.. trust in Him tt hes fighting ur battles.. not u...

2)Talk to God during stress's Mess

No matter what ure facing... remember e stressful experience of David in psalm 18..

First David prayed, "In my distress I called upon the LORD, And cried to my God for help"(v.6)

den God answered, "He heard my voice out of His temple, And my cry for help before Him came into His ears."(v6)

Turning to God was Davids immediate response..

54:4 Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is the sustainer of my soul.
54:7 For He has delivered me from all trouble, And my eye has looked {with satisfaction} upon my enemies.

Tis is a stanza obtained frm a hymn,

"I must tell Jesus all of my trials
I cannot bear these burdens alone
In my distress he kindly will save me
He always loves and cares for His own"

Why do we trust in our own abilities to overcome pressure? WHy not turn all ur headaches to God?

3)Learning to share the load( for all ^^)

Exodus 18:17 Moses' father-in-law said to him, "The thing that you are doing is not good.
18:18 "You will surely wear out, both yourself and these people who are with you, for the task is too heavy for you; you cannot do it alone.

In tis verse, we are urged to find some helpers,
18:22-23, "That will make ur load lighter, because they will share it with you. If u do this and God so commands, you will be able to stand the strain"

Heres what we can do..
i) Find a friend to confide in
ii) Look for a study buddy to help urself in ur toughest sub
iii)Find a prayer partner esp during stressful periods of ur life
iv)pour out ur heart to a parent or youth lader when u feel weary

theres a second part to tis... but i will do it another time cos i dont have time to do it now.. hope tis helps u in ur life... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home