Thursday, March 18, 2010

Giving Thanks

Wow. Didn't realise i last posted 19 Nov, almost 4 months ago! Hehe. Ever since i ord-ed, I always wanted to post some reflections. I will do that another time. Well, i am writing this today cause i suddenly felt the urge to post some reflections of my QT down on my blog. I think after awhile i dont do enough reflections from QT, especially since i have not been getting ample rest (been sleeping an average of 5 and a half hours the past 17 days), so my mind is a little switch-ed off. Probably will fall asleep if i do reflections, so i decided to type it out and where else to store but my blog.

I realised a big part of me has not been giving thanks. I do so occasionally, but only when there is something to rejoice for, even recently when i'm working at YFC. But God showed me a few things through His word today.

Today's QT text is taken from Col 3: 12-17. I will quote excerpts of text of portions that striked me.

"bearing with one another and, iif one has a complaint against another, gforgiving each other; gas the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive."

I know this is not part of thanksgiving, but well how do you give thanks if you do not forgive? Or rather for me, i was a little bothered that that someone is offended or has some unhappiness with me.Well cause i think i have been doing some things that has not been of a very good testimonial. But, actually i should trust that he forgives, more than most others.

Oh actually, the funny thing is, I have a complaint against someone too. But i didnt realise that, i need to forgive that person even if its just a complaint? But well, i guess i need to.

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful."

I indeed lacked peace in my heart. I agree. And yet, be thankful that we could be called in one body and fellow servants of Christ. Why be bothered by something that may not be happening?


"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."

Has the word been dwelling in me richly? At least i still dont see fruits of it. And i miss singing songs of thanksgiving.

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. "

Everything should be done, in word and action, in the name of Jesus. How tough and difficult is that? but it striked me that, i should!!!! And give thanks also! I need to spend time to give thanks, and to remember to give thanks always!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home